Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Gone West in Search of Eloquence

Last year, I was at a lay-over in Singapore on my way to New York when I realized that I forgot to bring sun glasses. Harsh sunlight triggers my migraines, so I bought a pair at the Duty Free shop. It came in a red case, departing from the usual black or beige that the brand typically uses. I didn't think much of it, until I walked into a Gap shop one day and saw the exact same icon (RED) on a tank top I then bought. Instantly, I connected the dots and something in me clicked. Something in me knew I wanted to be part of this kind of thing.

After fifteen years of working in Asia, I move Westward and many wonder why I am moving away from “boomtown.” The answer is as simple as it is complex. I want to participate in agenda-setting work, and engage in a world where an ex Vice President speaks “An Inconvenient Truth” and both George W. Bush and Sir Martin Sorrell mention environmental concerns in speeches they make in the same week. I want to immerse myself in the emerging consciousness at high levels of strategic thinking where bottom line focus is being re-evaluated in the context of higher ideals, without losing sight of profitability.

I advocate this approach. I am in America to champion the Eloquent Brand.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have you checked out www.thinktank3.com ?

An Accidental American said...

Thanks for the tip, I will.