Monday, July 2, 2007

Magical, Musical Eloquence

At the Taos Solar Festival this weekend, I found eloquence at its finest in Michael Franti and Spearhead. The positive energy and vibes of the performance were only matched by the profound hopefulness espoused in their lyrics.

I did not expect such a strong and unflinching message of hope, and this is exactly what I got from the performance. Perhaps performers like these are the relevant religion of the times. And we are all better for it. Open-heart optimism, so generously shared is quite hard to find in these times. And to find it in magical Taos, NM on the first Sunday of the second half of 2007 was a grace beyond my wildest expectation.

Perhpas Michael Franti and Spearhead represent America's soul in the present, and its voices of the future. Perhaps we are at the dawn of a new America. Perhaps my quest for Eloquence will be far more rewarding than I ever imagined.

No comments: