Thursday, June 7, 2007

408 Lincoln Parkway

maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&oe=utf-8&q=408+lincoln+parkway+buffalo&t=h&om=1&ll=42.940763,-78.872287&spn=0.008231,0.018733&z=16

My first address was 408 Lincoln Parkway, Buffalo NY 14216. I have no memories of Buffalo or the basement apartment.

Last Sunday as Papa and I were on a Skype call we google mapped the place simultaneously. I was in Brooklyn and he was in Malaga, and somehow we both found our way back in Buffalo. He showed me the bus route that took him from the apartment to his school. He showed me The Sisters of Charity Hospital, where I was born.

One day soon, I will actually see Buffalo and the basement apartment (if it is still there). But for now, the most real experience I have had of my first address was that synchronized google map tour of the city where I was born.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! your papa is a quite a techie huh :) and what a trip to go back in time with a google map. :)

An Accidental American said...

it was totally wild!

i remember ten years ago, papa would call me and say "Patricia, I'm going to write an email tonight." Translation: Please come to the house and help me do my emails.

I introduced him to google maps that very day, and it was fun to show him google maps as he took me back in time.