Sunday, April 17, 2011

30/17: The Girl With the Watery Eyes

So you think I'm Pisces,
something about watery eyes.
I say, 'No, ma'am, I'm Virgo.
Pisces is my watery disguise.'
I am the girl with
the watery eyes.

I could be a Pisces girl,
put these watery eyes
to use. I can see the things
you hide, I weep the
tears you're too sad to cry.
And when I cry sweet
tears for you, I'll gather them
in a teacup of blue. So you
can wash away your pains, and
join the sky when next
she rains.

And when the
morning comes again,
I'll look upon your wounds
that bleed and cry so silently,
so deep for every promise
they have broken and every
hurt they have spoken.
And when that phone
call doesn't come,
don't say a thing.
I know right where
you are aching.
Just look into
my Pisces eyes,
let me hold your
heart so broken. And
when my tears
roll down my cheeks,
let them quench
the parts so bleak.

And soon the sadness
will come to rest,
and you'll find
calmness in your chest.
One by one they'll
come to you,
sweet salty tears
so warm, so true.
Your tears will
come and you will see.
You can be a Pisces
girl, like me.

No comments: